I mentioned a few days ago that I was invited to get involved in in new venture based in Cardiff in south Wales, UK, that was specifically focussing on providing help and guidance to the ethnic minorities in the area, who wished to start their own business.
I am pleased to announce that this is progressing nicely and, I will be providing the first ‘Taster’ session in Cardiff on December 7th 2009.
The Taster session will last approximately three hours and will provide information on the the advantages and the disadvantages of becoming self-employed. Other topics covered in the session will include:
- How to start the business in a business like manner
- Who needs to be notified about my intention to start?
- Is there any funding to help me start?
- Who will help me to find any grants and can I get help with filling in the forms?
- Do I need to register for VAT?
- How important is it to have a Business Plan?
- Who will help me to write a Business Plan?
- How much help is available and what do I need to do to be allocated a Personal Business Advisor/Mentor
- Why is the service FREE to me?